Mission and Vision
The Office of First Year Courses promotes academic and college success by facilitating first year students in their transition to college life through a curriculum based on critical thinking, major and career exploration, connection to the University, and utilization of academic resources and support services.
First Year Courses is committed to cultivating quality instruction through an innovative, engaging, and influential learning environment that will provide an inspiring experience for all students by
- Making positive connections with faculty, staff, and peers,
- Engaging in behaviors that promote connection to the University,
- Understanding their role as a member of the socially diverse university community,
- Developing awareness of the impact of their personal choices through major and career assessments, and
- Demonstrating their ability to think critically, analytically, and integratively.
Motivate. Inspire. Lead... Equipping first-year students for success!