Mission and Vision
The Office of First-Year Courses promotes academic and college success by facilitating first-year students in their transition to college life through a curriculum based on critical thinking, major and career exploration, connection to the University, and utilization of academic resources and support services.
First-Year Courses is committed to cultivating quality instruction through an innovative, engaging, and influential learning environment that will provide an inspiring experience for all students by
- Making positive connections with faculty, staff, and peers,
- Engaging in behaviors that promote connection to the University,
- Understanding their role as a member of the socially diverse university community,
- Developing awareness of the impact of their personal choices through major and career assessments, and
- Demonstrating their ability to think critically, analytically, and integratively.
Motivate. Inspire. Lead... Equipping first-year students for success!